GENERAL CLUB RULES
- The hours of operation by the Club are determined by the season of the year and other circumstances. Areas of the golf Clubhouse and other facilities will be closed from time to time for maintenance, repairs and other purposes deemed appropriate by the Club.
- Members and their guests are expected to abide by all rules and regulations established by the Club as they may be amended from time to time.
- Performance by entertainers shall be permitted on the Club Facilities only with prior approval of management of the Club.
- Dining room activities for small groups shall be permitted with prior management approval of the Club.
- Alcoholic beverages shall not be served or sold, nor permitted to be consumed, on the premises during hours prohibited by law. Alcoholic beverages shall not be sold or served to any person not permitted to purchase the same under the laws of the State of Virginia or be sold for off-premises consumption. All alcoholic beverages consumed or otherwise possessed on the Club facilities must be sold and purchased at the Club except as otherwise provided by the Club from time to time.
- All state and local laws concerning the sale of alcoholic beverages will be strictly enforced. All alcoholic beverages consumed on the Club Facilities must be purchased at the Club.
- All food and beverage consumed on Club Facilities must be purchased at the Club.
- Members and their guests may not abuse any of the Club’s employees, verbally or otherwise.
- The roster of members at the Club is the property of the Club and may be furnished to members of the Club at the sole discretion of the Club. The membership roster shall not be used by or given to a non-member for any reason whatsoever.
- Members are not allowed in the golf cart storage area, golf course maintenance area, kitchen or other service areas of the Club.
- Any defined terms used herein which are not specifically defined in these Rules and Regulations shall have the same meaning given to such terms in the Plan for the Offering of Memberships.
- The Club reserves the right to amend these rules when necessary and will notify the membership of any change.
MEMBERSHIP CARDS, CLUB CHARGES AND MEMBER PAYMENTS
- A member card indicating a Club account number and the category of dues will be issued to the member and the eligible members of his or her immediate family upon payment of the dues by the member.
- The opportunity to charge to a member’s personal Club account is extended as a privilege of membership at the Club and is subject to continuing review and approval by the Club. The Club reserves the right to eliminate the use of Club accounts and monthly billings for members and to require that all fees and other charges incurred at the Clubs are charged to a member’s credit card.
- All charges must be signed legibly by the person making the charge and the member’s last name and Club account number must be printed on the charge ticket. Guests and employees are not permitted to sign charge tickets on behalf of members.
- Members are responsible for the payment of all charges incurred by their immediate family members and guests.
- In order to protect members from improper charges, the Club may require the presentation of membership cards at the point of sale for all transactions. Membership cards are not transferable and may not be used by any person other than the person to whom it is issued.
- It is the responsibility of each member to retain receipts for charges incurred at the Club. Copies of the monthly charges will not be included in the monthly statement. Receipts will only be mailed to members upon request if a charge is disputed.
- The Club must be notified in writing immediately if a member card is lost or stolen. The member’s account shall than be canceled. Until written notification of card loss is received by the Club, the member shall be responsible for all charges placed on the account. For each membership card replaced, a service charge will be automatically billed to the member’s Club account.
- All dues, fees, food, beverage, merchandise and services of a the Club charged to a member’s Club account will be processed to the credit card we have been provided and a detailed invoice will be provided monthly. Past due bills will accrue each month at an amount equal to a minimum late fee established by the Club and/or interest rate of 18% annually.
- If the Club account of any member is delinquent, the Club may take whatever action it deems necessary to effect collection. If the Club commences legal action to collect any amount owed by a member, or to enforce any other liability of a member of a the Club, and judgment is obtained by the Club, the member shall also be liable for all costs and expenses incurred by the Club in connection with the legal action including reasonable attorney’s fees (including fees required in connection with appellate proceedings).
Each member must file with the Membership Office the mailing address and any changes thereto, to which all notices and invoices of the Club are to be mailed. Members shall be deemed to have received mailings from the Club ten days after they have been mailed to the address on file with the Membership Office
Complaints or suggestions concerning the management, service or operation of the Club should be in writing, signed by the member and addressed to the Membership Director. Errors in billing charges should be directed to the attention of the accounting department.
CLUB SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES
- The Club will provide a variety of social and recreational events in which all members are encouraged to participate.
- Private parties are not permitted on the Club facilities unless prior approval is obtained from management of the Club facilities. Members should contact management of the Club facilities for available dates. The member sponsoring the private party shall be responsible for the charges incurred by the guests, the conduct of the guests, for any damages caused by the guests and the installation of party decorations and shall be responsible for the removal of all such party decorations following the event.
- For the convenience of all members, a service fee percentage, as determined by the Club may be added to all food and beverages sales.
- Children under thirteen years of age are permitted to use the Club facilities only if accompanied or supervised by an adult.
- Parents and / or guardians will be responsible and accountable for all actions of their children.
LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY OR INSTANCES OF PERSONAL INJURY
- Each member as a condition of membership, and each guest as a condition of invitation to use the Club Facilities, assumes sole responsibility for his or her property. The Club is not responsible for any loss or damage to any private property used or stored on the Club Facilities.
- Property or furniture belonging to the Club shall not be removed from the room in which it is placed or from the Club Facilities, without proper authorization. Every member at the Club is responsible for any property damage and/or personal injury occurring on the Club Facilities, or at any activity or function operated, organized, arranged or sponsored by The Club, caused by the member or his or her family members or guests. The cost of any damage shall be charged to the member's Club account.
- Members, immediate family members, guests and all other persons who, in any manner, make use of, or accept the use of, any apparatus, appliance, facility, privilege or service whatsoever owned, leased or operated by the Club, including without limitation, the use of golf carts, or who engage in any contest, game, function, exercise, competition or other activity operated, organized, arranged or sponsored by the Club, either on or off the Club Facilities, shall do so at his or her own risk. Members agree to release, waive, satisfy and forever discharge the Club and their directors, officers, managers, members, partners, employees, affiliates, representatives and agents and the immediate family members of each of them, from any claims arising out of negligence, in law or in equity, which the member may have now or at anytime in the future, arising out of or resulting from the use of any apparatus, appliance, facility, privilege or service whatsoever owned, leased or operated by the Club, including without limitation the use of golf carts, or the participation in any contest, game, function, exercise, competition or other activity operated, organized, arranged or sponsored by the Club, either on or off the Club Facilities. Members shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Club and their directors, officers, managers, members, partners, employees, affiliates, representatives and agents and the immediate family members of each of them, from and against any and all losses, damages, claims or suits arising out of any personal injury or property damage by the intentional or negligent acts or omissions of the Club.
- Should any member or guest file a legal action against the Club for any claim and fail to obtain judgment therein against them, the member shall be liable to the Club for all costs and expenses incurred by them in the defense of such action, including reasonable attorney's fees (including fees required in connection with appellate proceedings).
- Members are responsible for their own conduct and for the conduct of their family members and guests. Any member whose conduct or whose family's or guest's conduct shall be deemed by the Club to be improper or likely to endanger the welfare, safety, harmony or good reputation of the Club or its members, may be reprimanded, fined, suspended or expelled from the Club. The Club shall be the sole judge of what constitutes improper conduct likely to endanger the welfare, safety, harmony, or good reputation of the Club or its members, but will include: (i) failure to meet eligibility for membership; (ii) submitting false information on the application for membership; (iii) allowing his or her membership card to be used by a non-member; (iv) failure to pay the required membership deposit, dues, fees and charges or any outstanding balance on the member's Club account in a proper and timely manner; (v) failure to abide by the rules and regulations as set forth herein and as established by the Club from time to time; or (vi) abusing Club personnel or employees.
- Any such member shall be notified of such proposed action and shall be given an opportunity to be heard by the Club to show cause why he or she should not be disciplined. If such member desires to be heard, the Club shall set a time and date (not less than ten days thereafter) for such hearing. While such complaint is being considered by the Club, the member shall enjoy the privileges of his or her membership in the Club.
- The Club may suspend a member and/or his or her family and/or guests from some or all of the privileges of the Club for a period of up to one year or may permanently expel a member and or his or her family and/or his guests from the Club. Dues and other obligations shall accrue during such suspension and shall be paid in full before reinstatement of full privileges.
- Any member who is expelled by the Club shall have his or her membership reissued by the Club in accordance with the terms of the Membership Plan in the same manner as if the member had resigned from the Club.
RESERVATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Reservations are required at all times. Reservations are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis by pre-registering with the appropriate personnel of the Clubs.
- Members are required to make reservations in advance for all special events and Club sponsored parties. A full charge will be levied against those members who fail to either honor their reservations for special events and Club sponsored parties or fail to cancel their reservations during the cancellation period. The Club will establish the cancellation policy.
1. Reservation Window
- Members may reserve tee times 30 days in advance
- Non-Members may reserve tee times 14 days in advance
- Golf Packages / Outings may reserve tee times 1 year in advance
2. No Show / Under Show Policy
- Traditional Golf Properties has the right to charge a Member’s account for any tee-time slots that are reserved but not filled by the Member
- 24 hour notice is required for cancellation of tee-times
- Singles may not reserve tee times by themselves in advance. We will do our best to pair up singles wit groups of 2 or 3 players.
- Guests of members may be extended guest privileges subject to payment of applicable guest fees and charges and compliance with the rules and regulations established by the Club. Guest privileges may be denied, withdrawn or revoked at any time for reasons considered sufficient by the Club at its sole discretion.
- Although it is the intention of the Club to accommodate guests without inconvenience to the members, the Club reserves the right to limit the number of guests that accompany a member on any given day or other period of time.
- Sponsoring members must register their guests with the pro shop prior to play.
- A guest shall have the opportunity to pay his or her charges at the Club. Sponsoring members assume all responsibility for all unpaid charges made by their guests.
- It is the intent of the Club to create guest privileges conducive to the lifestyles and desires of the entire membership. Due to the nature of the growing membership of the Club, it is the intent of the Club to review guest privileges annually.
Guest of Member Policy
- a. The Member must accompany their guests in order for them to receive the member guest rate
b. A Member may bring up to 3 guests per day. Under special circumstances, the GM may, at their sole discretion, allow a member to host a larger number of guests.
c. An individual may receive the member guest discount four (4) times in a calendar year. Upon a guests 5th play, management at their sole discretion will charge the guest the applicable public fee
DISCIPLINE, SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES
- Members are responsible for their own conduct and for the conduct of their family, members, and guests. Any member whose conduct or whose family’s or guest’s conduct shall be deemed by the Club to be improper or likely to endanger the welfare, safety, harmony of the Club or its members, may be reprimanded, or expelled from the Club.
- Membership privileges may be suspended or terminated by the Club or such other disciplinary action may be taken which is deemed appropriate by the Club, if, in the sole judgment of the Club, the member:
- submits false information on the application for Membership/Use privileges, which if had been truly disclosed, would have rendered the applicant ineligible for membership;
- permits the unauthorized use of a member’s membership/use card or Club account;
- exhibits unsatisfactory behavior, deportment or appearance or acts in any other manner determined not to be in the interest of the Club or the members;
- fails to pay the membership dues, fees, charges or any other amount owed to the Club, in a proper and timely manner;
- fails to abide by these Rules and Regulations established for use of the Club Facilities, as may be amended from time to time;
- treats the personnel or employees at the Club in an unreasonable or abusive manner;
- fails to meet eligibility for membership;
- engages in conduct that is improper or likely to endanger the welfare, safety, harmony or reputation of the Club or its members.
- The Club may at any time restrict or terminate, for cause or causes described in the preceding paragraph, the privileges of any member, immediate family members or guest to use any or all of the facilities provided at the Club. No such member shall on account of any such restriction, suspension or termination be entitled to the repayment of annual dues, fees or any other charges.
- Any member of the Club whose membership privileges have been terminated for any reason other than to meet eligibility for membership shall only be eligible for membership or permitted to use the Club facilities at the discretion of the Club.
- Members wishing to cancel their membership must do so in writing with 30 days advanced notice after their minimum commitment has been met.
GENERAL GOLF RULES
- The Rules of Golf of the United States Golf Association (“U.S.G.A.”) together with the Rules and Etiquette as adopted by the U.S.G.A. shall be the rules of the Club, except when in conflict with local rules or with any of the rules herein.
- All players are expected to learn and observe the fundamentals of golf etiquette.
- “Cutting-in” is not permitted at any time. All players must register with the golf shop.
- Practice is not allowed on the golf course. The practice facilities must be used for all practice.
- Player assistants may be on duty to help regulate play and enforce golf cart restrictions. The player assistants have full authority on the golf course to enforce all rules and speed of play.
- Slow play is not tolerated. In the interest of all, players should play without delay. No player should play until the players in front are safely out of range. If a foursome or other group of players is unable to maintain adequate pace of play and fails to keep their place on the course, they must allow the following group to play through. Player assistants have the authority to stop a slow playing group to allow the following group(s) to play through or to require the slow playing group to pick up their balls and move forward to catch up with the group ahead.
- All players who stop after playing nine holes for any reason must occupy the next tee before the following players arrive at the tee or they will lose their position on the golf course and must get permission from the starter to resume play.
- While playing on the course, each player must use a separate set of golf Clubs and bag.
- All tournament play must be approved in advance by the Director of Golf.
- Appropriate golf attire is required for all players on the golf course and practice facilities. Members are expected to insure that immediate family members and guests adhere to such rules. Members should remind their guests of the dress policy prior to arrival at the Club to avoid embarrassment for the member and guest. This dress code is mandatory for all players. Improperly dressed golfers will be asked to change before they play. If you are in doubt concerning your attire, please check with the golf shop before starting play.
- If lightening is in the area, all golf play shall cease and players should seek appropriate shelter immediately.
- “Discontinue Play (Rain) Policy”: Once players tee off they are responsible for nine holes. If players discontinue play before 5 holes, they will be issued an 18-hole rain check, after nine holes, they will be issued a 9-hole rain check. Once players begin play the 14th hole, no rain check will be issued.
- Management may close the golf course to play at any time, at its sole discretion.
- No beverage coolers are permitted on the golf course unless supplied by the Club.
- Foursomes control speed of play. Twosomes and threesomes should not expect to play through foursomes and should not exert pressure on the groups ahead. Foursomes shall have the right of way.
- Twosomes and singles will be grouped with other players, if available, at the discretion of the Golf Shop. Singles shall have no priority on the golf course and shall be permitted to play only at the discretion of the golf shop. Singles will not have the ability to book tee times in advance.
- Fivesomes are not permitted on the golf course unless permitted in advance by Golf Shop personnel.
- “Course closed” or “hole closed” signs are to be adhered to without exception.
- The Club reserves the right to accommodate requests to have outings. Notices of these outings will be posted indicating the hours during which the outing will take place.
HOURS OF OPERATIONS
The hours of play and Golf Shop hours will be posted in the Golf Shop. The Golf Course Superintendent is authorized to determine when the golf course is suitable for play. The decision of the Golf Course Superintendent shall be final. In the absence of the Golf Course Superintendent, the Golf Professional on duty shall make this decision.
GOLF STARTING TIMES
- All golfers must have a starting time reserved through the Golf Shop or EZ Links Golf. The staff will assign the starting time depending on availability.
- Starting times may be made in person or by phone during Golf Shop hours. Internet reservations may be made twenty-four hours a day.
- Club Members enjoy advanced sign-up privilege to reserve golf starting times.
- Persons reserving a golf starting time must give their name and membership number and the names of the players in their group at the time of the reservation.
- Players who fail to cancel their starting time 24 hours prior to their scheduled starting time may be charged a no-show fee established by the Club.
- All members and guests must register in the Golf Shop before beginning play.
- Failure to check in and register fifteen minutes prior to a reserved starting time may cause cancellation, set back or a no-show fee to be charged to the member’s Club account.
- Players late for their starting time lose their right to the starting time and shall begin play only at the discretion of the Golf Shop personnel.
- The practice range is open during normal operating hours as posted in the Golf Shop. At times to be posted in the Golf Shop, the practice range will be closed for general maintenance.
- All range balls are to be purchased from the Golf Shop.
- Range balls are for use on the practice range only and may not be removed from the practice range. Range balls may not be used on the golf course.
- Balls must be hit from designated areas only. No hitting is permitted from the rough or sides of the practice range.
- Proper golf attire is required on the practice range.
GOLF CART RULES / WALKING
- Golf carts shall not be used on the Club Facilities by a member, immediate family member or guest without proper assignment and registration in the Golf Shop.
- The use of golf carts is mandatory when posted.
- Golf carts may only be used on the golf course when the golf course is open for play. Golf carts are not to be driven to residences at any time.
- The Club may require that carts remain on cart paths based on course, maintenance and weather conditions. Players will be informed of this policy prior to beginning play.
- Each operator of a golf cart must be at least sixteen years of age and have a valid drive’s license.
- Only two persons and two sets of golf Clubs are permitted per golf cart.
- Obey all golf cart traffic signs.
- Players are required to remain on golf cart paths, without exception, on Par 3 holes.
- Use the ninety-degree rule when in effect and cross fairways only at right angles.
- Always use cart paths where provided, especially near tees and greens. Except on golf cart paths, do not drive a golf cart within forty feet of a green, tee or bunker.
- Never drive a golf cart through a hazard.
- Be careful to avoid soft areas on fairways, especially after rains. Use the rough wherever possible.
- Operation of a golf cart is at the risk of the operator. Cost or repair to a golf cart which is damaged by a member, or immediate family member will be charged to the member or, in the case of damage by a guest, the cost of repair may be charged to the sponsoring member. Members using a golf cart will be held fully responsible for any and all damages, including personal injury and property damage, that are caused by the operation of the golf cart by the member, immediate family member or their guests, and the members shall reimburse the Club for any and all damages they may sustain by reason of operation of the golf cart.
- The member, his or her immediate family members and sponsored guests using a golf cart accept and assume all responsibility for liability connected with operation of the golf cart. The member also expressly indemnifies and agrees to hold harmless the Club and their directors, officers, managers, members, partners, employees, affiliates, representatives and agents, from any and all damages, whether direct or consequential, arising from or related to the use and operation of the golf cart by the member, immediate family member and their guest.
- Violations of the golf cart rules may result in loss of golf cart privileges and/or playing privileges.
- The use of privately owned golf carts is not permitted.
- Violations of the golf cart rules may result in loss of golf cart privileges and/or playing privileges.
- Walking is permitted at the courses based on the following retrictions:
Stonehouse : Pro Shop permission required, based on course volume
Royal New Kent : Pro Shop permission required, based on course volume
Brickshire : Pro Shop permission required, based on course volume
- Handicaps are computed under the supervision of the golf shop staff in accordance with the current U.S.G.A. Handicap System.
- All members and guests with a U.S.G.A. approved handicap may participate in Club tournaments. All handicaps submitted may be reviewed by the Golf Professional.
- Members are responsible for turning in all scores on a daily basis. Any member failing to turn in a score shall result in a score being posted that is equal to their lowest score on record. The Golf Shop shall assist any members needing help with the posting procedures.
GOLF COURSE ETIQUETTE
Persons using the golf facilities should do their part to make a round of golf at a The Club, a pleasant experience for everyone. Here are some suggestions:
- Do not waste time. Anticipate the Club or Clubs you may need and go directly to your ball. Always be near your ball to play promptly when it is your turn. If a player is delayed in making his or her shot, it would be courteous for such player to indicate to another player to play.
- The time required to hole out on and around the green is chief cause of slow play. Study and clear the line of your putt while others are doing the same. Be ready to putt when it is your turn.
- Players should ensure that greens are not damaged by putting down bags or flagsticks and that the hole is not damaged by standing close to it or by removing the flagstick or the ball from the hole. The flagstick should be properly replaced in the hole before players leave the green.
- No one should move, talk, or stand close to or directly behind the ball or the hole when a player is addressing the ball or making a stroke.
- When approaching a green, park your golf cart on the cart path on the best direct line to the next tee. This can save about twenty minutes per round. Never leave the golf cart in front of the green where you will have to go back to get it, while the following players wait for you to get out of the way.
- When play of a hole is complete, leave the green promptly and proceed to the next tee without delay. Do the scoring for the completed hole while others in your group are playing from the next tee.
- If you are not holding your place on the golf course (see General Golf Rules #7), allow the players behind you to play through. Do the same if you stop to search for a lost ball.
- Repair your ball marks on the greens. If you see unrepaired ball marks repair them also. Remind your playing partners to observe this courtesy.
- Carefully rake bunkers after use and place the rake outside the bunker.
- Replace your Divots
Rate information coming soon!
These Rules and Regulations supplement the Legends of Virginia Golf Club, Legends of Stonehouse and Royal New Kent Golf Courses, Rules and Regulations dated October 25, 1999 (the "Legends Rules"). So long as memberships created under the Legends Membership Plan dated October 25, 1999 (the "Legends Membership Plan") remain in existence, the Club shall continue to honor the terms and provisions of the Legends Rules insofar as they relate solely to the memberships created under the Legends Membership Plan. If, at any time, there is a conflict between the Legends Rules and these Rules and Regulations, these Rules and Regulations shall govern. At such time as the memberships created under the Legends Membership Plan cease to exist, the Legends Rules shall terminate and these Rules and Regulations shall govern the rights, privileges and requirements of the members in all respects.